Honey Flapjack Recipe From the Delicious Mountain Chalet Company
Of course there are loads of variations for this, you can use all sorts of chopped dried fruit and nuts or you can use golden syrup instead of honey. A really good mountain snack, it helped us to the top of Monte Rosa this summer and was the envy of the rest of our team.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C
2. In a large pan on a medium heat, melt the butter, sugar and honey together
3. Off the heat, add the oats and fruit and nuts if using any
4. Turn the contents of the pan out into the prepared tin and press down well
5. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until the top is golden in colour
6. Leave to cool completely before cutting into squares
Makes 16-24 Squares
175g honey (or golden syrup)
300g dried mixed fruit
and chopped nuts 450g oats
30 cm x 22 cm shallow roasting tin buttered and lined with greaseproof paper
This cookbook was written by Delicious Mountain based on actual recipies used in our chalets.