Chef Jobs in Meribel 2017-2018
Chalet Chef Wanted for 2017/2018 (1 Position)About our Catering
If you're special, we want you...
A Delicious Mountain holiday is as much about the food as it is about the skiing. We are well known for our principles of exceptional food and service. As chef, you will be responsible for maintaining and continuing to improve these high standards. This is true both inside the kitchen and beyond: Delicious Mountain is a small company and as such your responsibilities will be wide and varied involving many aspects of the business.
We want to attract you and your skills to our team. To keep you happy and motivated for the entire season we pride ourselves on offering one of the best packages in resort. Firstly, we understand what it's like to work hard, we are chefs and hospitality by trade - for the last 23 years!
Take a look at our TripAdvisor reviews and you'll know that the only way to achieve those results is to have keen and fresh staff. (Just look how often our staff get name-dropped by happy guests!) We know that, to keep staff of this quality we have to look after you. In the Chalets, you will only do breakfast 2 mornings, you won't make afternoon cake, it's canapés, starters, mains and dessert only, so you can really excel. We want to take advantage of your skills.
- 23/24 week contract (TBC from late November - late April) approx 40 hours per week
- Budget related end of season bonus
- One full day and one half day off together per week plus another half day
- Food at work and staples provided for time off and at accommodation
- Transport to resort at the beginning of the season and transport back at the end of the season (to and from UK)
- Ski equipment if required
- Seasonnaire Insurance (sickness, injury, loss or theft or belongings)
- Uniform: we will provide chef whites.
- A competitive salary paid in pounds (employment is via a UK agency so a UK address, NI number + history of NI contributions and bank account is essential)
- A full Three Valley ski area lift pass
- Great staff accommodation
We are looking for a highly competent chef who can brilliantly cook evening meals efficiently and methodically for up to 26 people with a strong emphasis on taste, quality and presentation. Preparing food from the kitchen of 1 chalet with the support of the host team each evening, half of the food will need to be distributed to the chalet next door where it can be finished and plated by the host team.
We are open to someone who wants to design their own menu or work to one designed by us.
- Be hard-working and reliable
- Be experienced in producing high quality food
- Have excellent references and proven history in the catering trade
Your main duties and responsibilities:
- Kitchen/chalet clean and set-up at the start of season
- Kitchen/chalet clean pack-up at the end of season
- Weekly menu design and training at the start of the season; to include hot breakfast, breakfast specials, afternoon cakes, canapes, 3 course evening meal and cheeseboard (within Food Safety and Health and Safety Standards)
- To satisfy special guest requests regarding food
- Adapt menus to satisfy dietary requirements such as vegetarians, gluten free etc
- Prepare children's evening meals (2 courses) as necessary
- Prepare changeover day meal for the team
- Shop/order weekly to a budget for the chalets and for the team
- At all times making sure the guests are happy, comfortable and come first
- To deal effectively and efficiently with guest requests such as booking restaurants and organising ski lessons
- To always be personable and presentable and wear your uniform correctly and fully whilst at the chalets or representing the company. You will be clean shaven with all long hair tied back.
- Cooking and serving a fabulous hearty full breakfast 2 mornings of the week
- Cooking and serving delicious evening meals 6 nights of the week
- Complete duties on daily cleaning rota
- Food preparation for evening meals
- Table laying and clearing for breakfast and the evening meal as trained and as required
- Washing up as required throughout breakfast and evening services
- Assist with spotless deep clean of chalet on changeover day
- Ensure food hygiene and health and safety standards are met and relevant paperwork is completed
- Driving company vehicles as necessary, always in a responsible manor
- Laundry: towels, kitchen towels and uniform in house and bed linen sent away
- Daily removal of recycling and rubbish
- To always use your initiative
- To communicate any ideas, any improvements to systems
- Report immediately any breakages or problems
Other duties and responsibilities
- Social media e.g posting relevant photos to Facebook, Twitter etc.
- To attend staff meetings as necessary
- Clearing snow as required around the front of the chalets, the balconies and hot tub areas
- Preparation of raclette for chalet night off and instructions for guests
- Driving guests around resort as required, always in a responsible manner
- Cleaning of staff accommodation
- Maintenance (within own capabilities)
- Any other reasonable request from Stuart and Louise
How to apply
Sound good so far? Then in the first instance, we would love for you to fill out our online application form. Please note, we are not accepting and will not respond to people sending their CV's by way of application.