Chalet Host Jobs in Meribel 2017-2018
Chalet Hosts / Chalet Couple Wanted for 2017/2018 (4 Positions)
If you're special, we want you...
Delicious Mountain's Chalet Hosts are pivotal to our success. We are founded on principles of exceptional food and service and as such the chalet host is entirely responsible for the manner in which this is delivered within the Delicious Mountain Chalets. Please note Delicious Mountain is a small company and as such your responsibilities will be wide and varied involving many aspects of the business.
If you're special, we want you.
To keep you happy and motivated for the entire season we pride ourselves on offering one of the best packages in resort. Firstly, we understand what it's like to work hard, we are chefs and hospitality by trade - for the last 23 years!
Take a look at our TripAdvisor reviews and you'll know that the only way to achieve those results is to have keen and fresh staff. (Just look how often our staff get name-dropped by happy guests!) We know that, to keep staff of this quality we have to look after you.
- 23/24 week contract (TBC from late November - late April) approx 40 hours per week
- One full day and one half day off together per week plus another half day
- Food at work and staples provided for time off and at accommodation
- Transport to resort at the beginning of the season and transport back at the end of the season (to and from UK)
- Ski equipment if required
- Seasonnaire Insurance (sickness, injury, loss or theft or belongings)
- Uniform; T shirts, aprons, fleece, jacket
- A competitive salary paid in pounds (employment is via a UK agency so a UK address, NI number + history of NI contributions and bank account is essential)
- A full Three Valley ski area lift pass
- Great staff accommodation
We are looking for seriously customer-focused, personable and presentable chalet hosts to join our small, friendly team. You will perform all of duties in the Chalets listed below with a focus on excellent customer services, beautiful and careful presentation of food and high standards of cleaning and cleanliness.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Chalet clean and set-up at the start of season
- Chalet clean pack-up at the end of season
- At all times making sure the guests are happy, comfortable and come first
- To deal effectively and efficiently with guest requests such as booking restaurants and organising ski lessons
- To always be personable and presentable and wear your uniform correctly and fully whilst at the chalets or representing the company. You will be clean shaven with all long hair tied back.
- Cooking and serving a fabulous hearty full breakfast and breakfast specials
- Cooking, decorating and presenting beautiful afternoon cakes
- Daily, spotless cleaning of chalet
- Complete duties on daily cleaning rota
- Food preparation for evening meals
- Table laying and clearing for breakfast and the evening meal as trained
- Writing fabulous and enticing menu boards
- Washing up as required throughout breakfast and evening services
- Spotless deep clean of chalet on changeover day
- Ensure food hygiene and health and safety standards are met
- Driving company vehicles as necessary, always in a responsible manor
- Laundry; towels, kitchen towels and uniform in house and bed linen sent away
- Daily removal of recycling and rubbish
- To always use your initiative
- To communicate any ideas, any improvements to systems
- Report immediately any breakages or problems
Other duties and responsibilities
- Social media e.g posting relevant photos to Facebook, Twitter etc.
- To attend staff meetings as necessary
- Clearing snow as required around the front of the chalets, the balconies and hot tub areas
- Preparation of raclette for chalet night off and instructions for guests
- Driving guests around resort as required, always in a responsible manner
- Cleaning of staff accommodation
- Maintenance (within own capabilities)
- Any other reasonable request from Stuart and Louise
How to apply
Sound good so far? Then in the first instance, we would love for you to fill out our online application form. Please note, we are not accepting and will not respond to people sending their CV's by way of application.