Goats Cheese, Walnut and Honey Toasts Recipe From the Delicious Mountain Chalet Company
This is so easy, and has remained a staple on the canapé menu since our first winter. The combination of nut, goats cheese and honey is always an absolute winner. As it's a canapé, what you are looking for is a thin baguette, that people can eat in 1 or 2 bites and also that the round of goats cheese will sit on nice and neat.
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C. Spread the baguette pieces out on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, then season with a sprinkle of oregano and salt and pepper
2. Pop in the oven for 5 minutes
3. Meanwhile, cut the cheese into rounds, using a knife dipped in hot water between cuts to get a clean cut and trying to get 14 -16 slices
4. Put the cheese on top of the slightly toasted baguette, then put back in the oven for 5 minutes
5. Remove from the oven and press a walnut piece onto each one, put them back in the oven for 5 minutes keeping an eye on them, you want the cheese brown and the nuts not to be burnt
6. Take out and drizzle with honey and an extra turn of the pepper grinder. Transfer to a serving plate and serve while they are still hot
Makes 14-16 Toasts
1/2 a thin baguette cut into 1/2 cm rounds
Salt and pepper
1 x 200g small French goats cheese log
14/16 walnut pieces or halves
This cookbook was written by Delicious Mountain based on actual recipies used in our chalets.