Originally I made these biscuits for Valentine's day, but they are so delicious I thought it would be too hard to just make them once a year. For Valentines, I decorated them with pink icing. I've also drizzled chocolate over them, although they need to be eaten the same day if you do that otherwise they go soggy. Obviously, they don't have to be hearts either. The biscuits keep well in a biscuit tin.
- In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients together until they form a dough. Wrap in cling film and pop in the fridge to chill for 2-5 hours
- Heat the oven to 150°C
- Take the dough from the fridge a little before you want to use it, then knead until it softens up
- Roll out onto a floured surface to about 5 mm thick and use the cutter to cut out shapes then place on the baking sheet
- Keep re-rolling the dough and cutting until it's all gone. Place the biscuits on the baking tray
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Then using a palette knife, take them off the baking sheet and onto a wire rack to cool completely
- Decorate as you like