Chalet Jobs in Meribel
Join us at Delicious Mountain!
Working in Chalets is great fun, fulfilling, demanding and exhausting! We love it, being such an integral part of someone's holiday is very rewarding, and the mountains are such a wonderful place to spend a winter or summer. But it's not for everyone. Being at the coal face providing luxury catered holidays is demanding and we, like most holiday companies, expect very high standards of anyone we work with.
The Delicious Mountain Team is pivotal to our success. We are founded on principles of exceptional service and as such the whole team is entirely responsible for the manner in which this is delivered within the Delicious Mountain Chalets.
A measure of your performance as a DM team member is through guest feedback and we pride ourselves on exceeding guest expectations. Over the last four years, we have been rewarded with fabulous reviews which you can read here. Can you help us maintain and/or improve on these reviews? We very much hope so!
Listed on this page are the job roles we are recruiting for the 2017/2018 winter season along with links to more detailed job descriptions and details on how to apply. We welcome singles or couple applicants for any of the roles.
How to apply
To apply, please complete our team recruitment application form. Please note, we are not accepting and will not respond to CV's as applications.
What we offer our staff
We want to attract the best. Our team members frequently get mentioned by name and praised in our TripAdvisor reviews because of the quality of service that they offer our guests. To attract staff of this quality, we know that we have to look after you. That's why we offer one of the very best packages in resort.
- 23/24 week contract (TBC from late November - late April) approx 40 hours per week
- Budget related end of season bonus
- One full day and one half day off together per week plus another half day
- Food at work and staples provided for time off and at accommodation
- Transport to resort at the beginning of the season and transport back at the end of the season (to and from UK)
- Ski equipment if required
- Seasonnaire Insurance (sickness, injury, loss or theft or belongings)
- Uniform; T shirts, aprons, fleece, jacket, or chef whites in the case of experienced chefs.
- A competitive salary paid in pounds (employment is via a UK agency so a UK address, NI number + history of NI contributions and bank account is essential)
- A full Three Valley ski area lift pass
- Great staff accommodation
Summaries of our Current Roles
Experienced Chef x 1
We are looking for a highly competent chef who can brilliantly cook evening meals efficiently and methodically for up to 26 people with a strong emphasis on taste, quality and presentation. Preparing food from the kitchen of 1 chalet with the support of the host team each evening, half of the food will need to be distributed to the chalet next door where it can be finished and plated by the host team.
You will be/have:
- Hard working and reliable
- Experienced in producing high quality food
- Excellent references and proven history in the catering trade
The Chalet Chef will be responsible for:
- Ensuring guests have an amazing stay
- Cooking evening meals 6 nights of the week - canapes, starters, main course and desserts
- Preparing/ensuring food is available for team members on shift
- Keeping the kitchen and store cupboards/areas clean and ensuring food safety records are kept
- Shopping and ordering for food and other non-consumables
- Helping to clean on changeover day
Chalet Host x 4
We are looking for seriously customer-focused, personable and presentable chalet hosts to join our small, friendly team. You will perform all of duties in the Chalets listed below with a focus on excellent customer services, beautiful and careful presentation of food and high standards of cleaning and cleanliness.
Chalet hosts will be responsible for:
- Cleaning to a very high standard
- Baking amazing afternoon cakes and treats
- Cooking a varied and interesting breakfast
- Laying and clearing the table
- Helping to prepare and serve evening meals
- Do some laundry (no ironing)
- Help with shopping/deliveries etc
Chalet Host / Administrator x 1
We are looking for a person who can split their time between the customer facing role of Chalet Host within the chalets (65% of the time) and some administration shifts (35%). In addition to the duties outlined above for Chalet Host, the administration duties includes:
- Processing invoices and bank reconciliation
- Paying suppliers
- Stock check and ordering of some items
- Weekly templated emails (pre-holiday and post-holiday guest care)
- Collating guest feedback
- Programing ski passes
Other Chalet & Ski Jobs
We accept job applications by application form only. But some other chalet companies prefer just to receive an email with your CV. To help with your wider job hunting, we've put together a guide on applying for jobs by email
Other Chalet's Jobs & Ski Resort Jobs 2017/18
If you are interested in applying for any of the below ski resort jobs, or would like more information, then please just get in touch directly with the company in question. Thanks.
If you are looking for employees and would like us to add your position to this table please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Chef? Chalet Host? Chalet Assistant? What's all this?
If it will be your first ski season job then please see our Guide to Chalet Jobs page, that'll explain all about what this lot means and what to expect.
Jobs for Winter 2018 / 2019
It's a bit far ahead for any company to be recruiting for ski staff for winter 2018 / 2019. I'd expect the first people to start recruiting in March 2018 for jobs starting December 2018.