Delicious Mountain Wines
Our chalet wines & the stories behind them
Great wine has always been part of the experience which we offer our guests at Delicious Mountain. But this year we've taken it to the next level. Over the summer months, we have gone to the wine producers directly, in search of the perfect wine selection for our guests.
Sourced Directly from the Growers
Having travelled widely across France to meet the producers and taste the wines at source, we have composed a wine list for the 2016-17 season which we think is our best yet.
In each case these are small, independent growers farming just a few hectares of lovingly-nurtured vines. In each case, the grapes these vines yield are organic and/or biodynamically farmed.
Chalet La Chouette Wine List
- 100% Sauvignon Blanc grown on 8 year old vines. Produced with no added sugars and with the skins left on the grapes, this wine has natural acidity. It is pale in colour with aromas of pineapple, lemon, green apple and sweet gooseberry. Crisp, light and fruity. Light filtration and fining with potato skins.
- 100% Chardonnay grapes. Wine of light yellow colour with aromas of white flesh fruit. It is an aromatic wine with a beautiful structure.
- A blend of Chardonnay and Voignier grapes aged 12 months in new oak barrels. This is a complex white with hints of pineapple and just a touch of oak.
- A 50/50 blend of Sauvignon Blanc and Sémillon from young vines that surround the château. 2015 was a lovely vintage and this crisp, dry white is great on its own or with lighter dishes, fish or chicken.
- 100% Mauzac grapes grown on 60-year-old vines. Elegant, complex and dry. Aromas of green apples, pears, citrus fruits, almonds and white flowers.
- 100% Melon grapes grown on 65-year-old vines. A dry wine with a fruity side.
- 100% Melon grapes grown on 65 year old vines. A dry wine with a fruity side.
- A blend Syrah, Grenache, Carignan from old vines. This is a delicious smooth wine with scents of pepper, liquorice and fruit.
- 100% Malbec. Full of freshness, with hints of mint, cassis and some spices. Tannins are accurate and well-integrated into the wine, leaving room for roundness in the glass.
- Blend of Syrah, Carigan and Grenache 30% of which aged in oak barrels. Medium bodied, elegant and slightly spicy. Musky, mossy aromas. A Big red wine.
- 100% Pinot Noir. A rich and complex wine that has hints of sherry and spices.
- 100% Gamay Noir. A light coloured and light tasting red that would be the perfect accompaniment to fish.
- This cremant is produced using grapes from the champagne region and using traditional methods